GF, DF, V, Vegan
4 ears of corn – shucked and cleaned of silk
1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes
½ bunch cilantro chopped
3 green onions, sliced
Juice of 2 limes or 2-3 Tablespoons lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. With water, wash and drain all fresh produce.
2. If tomatoes are large, cut in half.
3. Cut corn kernels off of cob. Hold corncob upright with flat end on cutting board and cut straight down with knife.
4. Chop cilantro. Cut tough stems from cilantro and use leaves and upper stems. Roll cilantro and tender stems and chop.
5. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add chopped cucumber, red or green bell pepper and/or green beans
If you like spicy food, add a dash of cayenne pepper or 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper
Substitute basil, mint and/or parsley for cilantro.
Add 1 can of rinsed garbanzo, white and/or black beans
Recipe by Leigh Wagner PhD, MS, RDN