2 cups flax meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
¾ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey or 7-10 drops Stevia
5 eggs, whisked
½ cup water
⅓ cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In a large bowl combine flax meal, baking soda, lemon juice and salt.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix together sweetener, eggs, water and oil.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry, mix well, and let stand for 2-3 minutes to allow the batter to thicken.
5. Pour batter into square baking dish.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or so until a knife comes out clean or crust springs back
7. Remove from oven and cool.
Recipe by Leigh Wagner PhD, MS, RD