1-2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large head cauliflower
3 cloves garlic, minced (or 3 tsp jarred garlic)
3/4 teaspoon salt or Herbamare (herbed seasoning salt)
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1. Cut cauliflower into very large florets or chunks. Depending on the size of the cauliflower, you will want to divide the chunked cauliflower into 2 to 3 batches.
2. Place 1/2 or 1/3 of the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse or process it until the cauliflower turns into a rice-like texture. In a medium bowl, set aside each batch until you have finished "rice'ing" the cauliflower.
3. Heat a medium pan to low-medium heat and add the oil and minced garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until garlic is softened.
4. Add the cauliflower and sprinkle the salt or Herbamare over the top. After about 5 minutes, add the chopped cilantro and continue sautéing for 3-5 more minutes until heated through.
5. Serve with Honey Mustard Chicken or any other place you'd use rice. I love serving it with this lovely and delicious Veggie Korma recipe from Seasonal and Savory.
Recipe by Leigh Wagner PhD, MS, RD