GF, GrF, DF, V, Vegan
1 large head cauliflower
2 cloves garlic, peeled
¼ cup olive oil-based mayonnaise or Veganaise (egg-free mayonnaise)
¼ - ⅓ teaspoon salt or Herbamare (herbed seasoning salt)
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a medium or large pot with a steamer basket, fill pot with 1-2 inches water and bring to a boil.
2. Add cauliflower and garlic, reduce heat to a low boil, and cover pot.
3. Cook for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is very soft.
4. Drain water and add remaining ingredients to pot
5. Mash/blend the cauliflower and garlic mixture until creamy using a(n):
-Immersion blender (a.k.a. “stick blender”)
6. Adjust seasonings, if needed
Recipe by Leigh Wagner PhD, MS, RDN